Kiln discharge protection
Nose rings installed at the kiln’s discharge end are submitted to many constrains among which high temperature (both from the clinker and hot secondary air flow), mechanical stresses and abrasion.
Heat recovery improvements implemented on latest generation coolers have challenged the conventional design of nose rings.
- The widest range of nose ring solutions from the most simple/lightest (yet safe) cast design to the latest castable protected design
- Alloys taking into consideration both the design of the nose ring and the working environment
- A new castable protected version allowing the use of standard shape bricks against the nose ring
- For our new castable protected version, we work with RHI’s no cement range of castable
- This version is supplied in a split design: one support bolted onto the shell and castable protected replaceable caps to minimize the maintenance cost
- The castable protected caps are supplied ready to be installed to shorten time to start up