Ball mill liner
Uses of a Ball Mill Liner
The role of a ball mill liner is to give the mill heads protection against wear and tear thus increasing their lifetime and creating optimal grinding efficiency. The design of a ball mill liner depends on the drilling pattern of the mill heads, the rpm speed of the mill, the maximum grinding diameter of the media and the percentage of media filling. In this way an optimum compromise can be achieved between grinding efficiency and the equipment´s lifetime. Continual profile studies of the liners help monitor the situation so improvements can be made. Liners are easy to install with their filler ring and handling system.
Contact us for ball mill liners info & prices
Important Considerations When Choosing a Ball Mill Liner System
The mill lining system is in place for two reasons. The first one is to preserve the mill shell from deterioration caused by wearing down against the mill charge. The second reason is for lifting and turning the mill contents so that they will grind.
Before you choose a mill liner design, you’ll want to mull over your options carefully. Several factors need to be considered, such as the grinding activity required and the properties of the grinding media. The liner profile must also incorporate the correct geometric angles to achieve the desired lifting of the mill charge and the correct grinding level. These factors will assist you when deciding on the best liner material.
The lining system can be fashioned from composite or rubber. The material chosen depends on the customer’s specific needs. Cast metal alloy was traditionally used to make inserts. These are added to the framework of the liners at specific points where signs of wear are most likely to occur.
Rubber compounds have been developed to protect the mill shells from excessive wear. New types of cast alloys and highly durable plates can be bonded to rubber. These can stand up well against a high level of abrasiveness. Companies have a higher level of knowledge and experience working with ball mill liners and how they affect the mill’s performance. Companies are now choosing their ball mill liner system based on several criteria, including:
- Can the system deliver mill process performance?
- Where does it score regarding wear resistance?
- Is the system easy to install?
- Does the system present any safety concerns?
ROI (return on investment) is another important factor when choosing a mill lining system. Companies are looking at this as a longer-term investment instead of simply considering the initial cash outlay.
Features to Look for in a Ball Mill Liner
How do choose quality ball mill liners ? The best ones on the market will have these features:
- Low-weight design: A low-weight design means the ball mill liner doesn’t need as much torque to be effective. Lower weight ball mill liners mean less stress is placed on mill bearings during use. This type is also safer to install since no mill liner handler is needed.
- Good sealing properties: When the ball mill liner has outstanding sealing properties, you do not have to be concerned about minerals becoming locked up. The recovery rate for grinding products increases significantly.
- Reduced noise: A ball mill liner that can be deployed and will work at a lower noise level means safer working conditions.
Protect your Mill Shell with Magotteaux Ball Mill Liners
Let Magotteaux help you find the best ball mill liner for your application. We make a point of listening to our customers so that we can get to know your business. Our engineers can adapt a design to fit your situation to ensure that it gives you the results you are looking for. Contact us to learn more.