Xwin® is a technology which was
The Magotteaux Xwin® technology is used to reinforce the wear profile (i.e. the particular zone of a cast wear part which tends to wear quicker) of different cast parts such as crusher hammers or blowbars in a horizontal shaft impactor impellers and anvils in a vertical shaft impactor or rollers and tables in a vertical mill. Depending on applications, Xwin® can increase the life duration of vertical mill internals, be they rollers or tables, by three times.
- Power Stations.
Equipment: Vertical Roller Mills – one-piece or segmented rollers and one-piece or segmented tables.
- Patented Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) technology composed of high chrome alloy and ceramic.
- Combination providing extreme wear resistance of ceramic with mechanical properties of cast alloys.
- Performed by means of a specialized casting process.
- Increased lifetime vs. high chrome alloys from 1.5 to 4+ times depending on application and mill design.
- No more susceptible to breakage than a solid high chrome casting.