These solutions aim at resisting risk of breakage in certain applications combined with high wear resistance.
Name: Duocast® Xwin®.
- Power Stations.
Equipment: Vertical Roller Mills – rollers only.
- Technology consisting of very hard and special cast iron inserts embedded in a ductile iron base.
- The ductile iron core has a hardness of about 300 BHN and an elongation of about 7%.
- HiCr iron inserts are held in the ductile iron by dovetails to form a mechanical bond when the base metal is cast.
- Performance is improved by adding a layer of Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) in the HiCr inserts.
- Combines the hard wear resistance of the special inserts with the ability of the ductile iron to operate under very high mechanical stresses.
- Increased lifetime vs. Duocast® solution.