Product ID Card
The Xclass® concept is a 2nd compartment ball mill liner including 2 plates each of one which has a role of its own, while before, the same plates were used to classify and protect the shell.
Equipment: Ball mills – 2nd compartment.
The Xclass® concept includes 2 plates : one base plate and one support plate with its deflector. Base plates protect the shell while deflectors, organized in a spiral shape, classify the media.
- DIN drilled shell (250x314mm) or similar with a diameter range from 3.00 to 4.6m (as of today).
- Unit weight of Xclass® plates range from 21 to 25kg (as compared to 40 to 56kg with traditional classifying liners).
- Deflectors can be switched 180° and therefore start a second lifecycle. This allows for constant classifying efficiency during the lining’s lifecycle.
- Liner weight reduced by 20 to 35% depending on mill diameter. E.g. for a mill in the 4.4 to 4.6m diameter range, weight is reduced by 465 to 310kg/m².
- Xclass® allows for an increase in useful diameter of mill, ranging from 40 to 76mm depending on mill diameter. As a consequence, ball load may increase by 0.9 to 2.5 tons per meter of EGL (Effective Grinding Length), which, in turn leads to an increase in absorbed power.
- One single bolt type.
- Reduced maintenance operations -> Reduced costs.
- Potential time and manpower savings during installation.
- All Xclass® plates available from stock.