Magotteaux offers a unique variety of grinding media that combines the following characteristics:
- Size: from 13 to 125mm (1/2″ to 5″).
- Chromium percentage: from 0.5 to 35%.
- Heat treatment cycles.
The choice of media depends upon:
- Material to be ground and granulometry.
- Grinding process.
- Importance of wear mechanisms involved (abrasion, corrosion, impact).
- Factors influencing these mechanisms.
The media can be classified in 3 main categories: grinding balls (4 HiCr + 1 LoCr, each of which has a specific brand name with an individual reference in each particular field of application), grinding rods and ceramic beads.