Dredging activities whether they aim at maintaining (rivers, channels and ports), building (artificial islands) or extracting (oil, sand, gravel,… from the sea- or riverbed), mean particular challenges:
- Increase dredger productivity.
- Increase dredger availability.
- Decrease operational costs.
- Decrease CO2 emissions.
After a thorough analysis of the whole production process, we search and suggest:
- An optimized design for higher hydraulic performances.
- An optimized alloy for an increased lifetime.
Magotteaux’s latest composite, Xcc®, applied to pump components, cutterteeth and wearshoes, increases wear parts lifetime by a min. of 3.